Monday, July 07, 2014

Buying a Better Mouse Trap

We found mice coming up in the basement through the sump pump floor cover, so I needed to buy a few traps.

Sorry, Ace Hardware in Hudson, OH, but your "No Guns" sign told me I was not welcome there, so I complied and went somewhere else.  When did you put it back up? No business-breaking purchase, for sure, but I'll need plenty of other stuff you sell, and I won't be buying it from you as long as that stupid and offensive sign is up.

Do you think a criminal intent on taking your money (and who knows what else?) will heed it?  Or just people bringing YOU money? From the looks of your parking lot, it doesn't appear that you can afford to drive too many more of them away:


It's not the first time Ace has disappointed. Ah well, they're not the only game in town. If they'd rather have their rule than gun owner business, don't be surprised if the facility decays even further.

3 comments:

DJMoore said...

On the other hand, my local Ace had for the longest time a large sign painted on their door welcoming concealed carriers. (They recently remodeled and the sign went away. I'm going to ask them to put it back.)

In other words, this isn't an Ace corporate policy, it's boneheaded franchisees.

Anonymous said...

If you annoy enough customers who want your mousetraps, they will beat a path to ... the door of your competition.

Six said...

Fortunately my local Ace (southern Utah) actually sells guns, ammo and various accessories. Including reloading supplies. Gotta love freedom!