Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Squire of Gothos

Maybe it's the Landru kick me 'n Mike have been on of late, compounded with Bloomberg's recent  "Don't call it gun control, call it regulation" protest that reminded me of nothing so much as Captain Kirk's rejoinder to Jojo Krako, but something about yesterday's GRE suggested another Star Trek analogy:
"The documents create a picture of not just a hostile sexual environment but a truly weird one," it observed. "This isn't Clintonesque lunging on Bloomberg's part, but rather, what is alleged here is a broader, more juvenile kind of control."
"Juvenile"?

Like in Trelayne, an alien "child" with more power than he could responsibly wield due to his immature and amoral development?

The same logical grievances apply:
I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline. I object to power without constructive purpose.
 I may just start calling the self-appointed little aristocrat "The Squire of Gothos."

1 comment:

marc45acp said...

How about "The Squire of Gotham"?