Friday, July 11, 2014

We're the Only Ones Whose Left Hand Doesn't Know What the Right Hand is Doing Enough

Shuck told investigators he instead meant to shoot Butts with a stun gun, but the probable cause statement notes that the right-handed officer had to reach across his body for the much lighter Taser attached to the left side of his belt. [More]
So it was just easier to shoot him? Aw, shucks.

Sorry, I'm reminded of the difference between an epileptic corn husker and a prostitute with diarrhea... if you don't already know, do yourself a favor and don't ask. And if you do know, sorry, but that's what happens when the fire could use more logs, you've had a couple fingers of the good stuff, and it's time to light up that second maduro... which I hope to be doing several hours form now.

Hey, it's a lot less offensive than what happened to this guy under color of authoritah...

[Via bondmen]

3 comments:

Maxwell said...

Shuck: "The best explanation (excuse) I have is that my...brain was saying Taser...but my body moved faster than my brain".
Considering the speed that his brain apparently functions, this may actually be a plausible excuse.

Former prosecutor Moore: "I think it sends a good message to the public that law enforcement and prosecutors believe that law enforcement officers should be held to the same standard as civilians when it comes to deadly force---that it should be authorized."
Great news!! The next time you or I shoot a fleeing man in the back, we get to keep our CCW rights, and suffer NO legal ill-effects!! Right?


Wow.

Ned said...

“I think it sends a good message to the public that law enforcement and prosecutors believe that law enforcement officers should be held to the same standard as civilians when it comes to deadly force – that it should be justified,” he said."

Um -just kidding, right? Right?

Longbow said...

it reminds me of the murder of Oscar Grant by BART Cop Mehserle. He meant well when he shot a fleeing man in the back.

Or, the Waingrow excuse might work, "I had to get it on. He was makin' a move! I had to get it on!"