Monday, March 30, 2015

A "Progressive" Paradox

If someone wanted to hire George Takei in his capacity as a professional actor to film a PSA disapproving homosexuality, and he refused to provide his services based on his principles and beliefs, how would that be any different from a Christian baker declining to decorate a two-groom cake? [More]

For that matter, why should any actor be free to decline roles requiring gay romantic contact based on a personal aversion?

And why are all those who are ... uh ...  butthurt over this so silent when the Muslims do it?  Anybody see any lawsuits over that one?

Challenge for all the "crusaders": place gay wedding cake orders at Islamic bakeries to find out how many are receptive. If any decline, sue them.

I dare you.

2 comments:

j said...

well stated - as always. But here is MY paradox. I LOOK like a white guy but I self-identify as a black man. I want to be treated like a gangsta-rollin, ho-pimpin' black man, knowmsayn? So if my peeps don't accept me, or if my drivers license peeps refuse to list my race as Black, then where do I get the gummint money to sue them all? How do I get on the gummint teat? Where's my free phone? Makes as much sense as being a sweaty, moon faced guy with greasy lank hair demanding to be referred to as a woman. No?

Anonymous said...

The answer to all of your questions is: those on the Left either have not thought their cunning plans through or are sufficiently insane that the contradictions do not to them suggest that anything is wrong.

"Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad."