Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Vanderboegh in Hospital for Observation

Mike just called me and wanted me to pass on that his wife Rosey just took him to the hospital following symptoms indicative of a heart attack (chest pain, numbness in left arm, indigestion/nausea, etc.), and they will be keeping him overnight for observation.

It is important that we do not overreact -- we do not yet have an official diagnosis and prognosis. That message goes to to his readers, his friends, and the One Hundred Heads Life and Casualty Company.

I'm not going to release the hospital name at this point per Mike's instruction, as he does not want a bunch of people making uncoordinated calls. I will remain on telephone standby day and night, and will report any changes in blog updates as I learn of them.

For now, share this information with anyone you know who is interested. Also, if you're the praying type, please do. Hopefully, by this time tomorrow, we'll be getting news directly from the man himself over at Sipsey Street Irregulars.

WEDNESDAY MORNING UPDATE:

Mike just called to update me on his condition, which is a good thing, him being in a condition to call 'n all.

He is frustrated because the hospital wifi system blocks SSI, so he cannot post updates himself.

In terms of what's going on, at this point things are speculative. He is scheduled for more tests this morning.

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE:

It turns out it was a severe magnesium deficiency causing the symptoms. Mike expects to be released tomorrow, when he can explain in detail.

THURSDAY UPDATE:

Mike's home and getting ready to do his first SSI blog post since this latest adventure began.

15 comments:

Steve Ramsey said...

This happened to me last year. It's turned out to be stress, burnout, and exhaustion.

They kept me overnight, did a full workup on me (multiple blood draws, X-rays, heart scan and stress test.

Mike's been pushing it a little hard lately. He needs some time off.

Backwoods Engineer said...

Thanks for letting us know, David.
Prayers up for Mike.

JohninMd.(Help!?!) said...

Thanks for the update, David. Prayers inbound, loaded hot....

Uncle Al said...

I sure do hope Steve Ramsey is correct. Mike is a good and uniquely valuable man with talents for many things.

I have to confess that I'm not a praying type, but I'm reconsidering that at the moment.

Thank you, David, for being Mike's friend and for keeping us in the know as much as possible.

Crustyrusty said...

Prayers going up, and thanks for letting us know.

Fred Hoot said...

Praying.

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for Mike & his speedy recovery!

We need him back on the front lines!

Comrade X

Radio Patriot said...

Lord knows the world would be worse off without Mike's efforts. Praying he has good medical diagnosticians and an even better prognosis.

Anonymous said...

My prayers go out to Mike. David, please tell him he needs a vacation. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, David. Hoping for the best. Maybe it's time Mike took a vacation.

Sedition said...

Please pass on the well wishes for us and CONGRATULATIONS on your new writing assignment!
Many thanks to both Mike and to you for the tireless work you do on our behalf and on keeping us in the loop on what the anti-gun bastards are doing.
We would be in a world of hurt without you both.

bondmen said...

Yes, I too shudder to think what the future would look like without MiKe Vanderboegh and David Codrea on the front lines of liberty in America. Who will try and fill their shoes when that day comes? Of course this assumes I'm still around when it happens.

We need you both to continue being a Royal PITA to the "progressive" collectivists infesting feral government in District of Corruption!

Anonymous said...

My prayers for Mike. I hope he goes home soon.

However, I only commented here because of the link on his site to The War on Guns, which, for some reason, when I click on my bookmark for SipseyStreetIrregulars, comes up with a prompt that says "The page I am looking for does not exist". Someone should notify Mike. This looks like a hack. Not sure, but something is amiss.

Lisa said...

Good morning, David.

I just found your status remarks on Michael after poking around on Michael's blog and wondering why there hadn't been any posts during the past couple of days.

Thank you for keeping us informed of Michael's status. Please let him know that he's in our thoughts and prayers. I miss reading Michael's posts.

Lisa

P.S. Congratulations on your new post at The Truth About Guns.

Anonymous said...

Tell Mike to have his B12 level checked. If he is on Prevacid (or similar) for stomach acid it can cause B12 deficiency which effects magnesium and potassium levels.
wildbill