Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sealing Up the Wrong End of the Tunnel

America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers [More]
Not quite. I get what he's saying, but the net he's casting snags more than sharks, and can also capture the harmless, or "I will not comply" activists like... me. He's also making Bloomberg's case for background checks registration.

I have a right to purchase any gun I want for anyone I want, and it's no one's business unless I make it so. What I don't have a right to do is abet someone I have good reason to believe will harm others.

As a responsible adult member of society, I have a duty to help ensure such misfits who come to my attention are rendered incapable of predation. After all, if such a person has done something to legitimately disqualify himself from gun possession, he shouldn't be freely moving among us.

Anyone who can't be trusted with a gun can't be trusted without a custodian.

1 comment:

Shrimp said...

I never understood how a person could successfully be convicted of that law. The form asks if you are the actual buyer. The definition of a buyer is one who buys. If you are filling out the form and paying the money, you are the actual buyer, regardless of what happens after that. If you then decide to sell it (even mere moments later), that doesn't change the fact that you were the actual buyer.