Monday, October 26, 2015

We're the Only Ones Open Enough

Florida sheriffs oppose open-carry legislation [More]
Seems I recall someone addressing this phenomenon of the help forgetting their place before... ah, here it is. Funny, that post concerned uppity Florida "Only Ones," too.

From "One of the People," Philadelphia Federal Gazette, July 2, 1789:
"What should we think of a gentleman, who, upon hiring a waiting-man, should say to him—'my friend, please to take notice, before we come together, that I shall always claim the liberty of eating when and what I please, of fishing and hunting upon my own ground, of keeping as many horses and hounds as I can maintain, and of speaking and writing my sentiments upon all subjects.' A servant must be a fool, who would not suppose such a master to be a madman... Let these truths sink deep into our hearts: that the people are the masters of their rulers and that rulers are the servants of the people..."
Anybody think bodyguards dictate to the "progressive" elites what they may or may not do?

[Via Florida Guy]   

1 comment:

Ed said...

There are two problems here:
1.) Someone asked the sheriffs their opinions.
2.) Someone noted their answers and reported them.

In other words, it does not matter what the sheriffs think and want, but what the voters of Florida think and want, and what is defined in the Florida Constitution.