Thursday, January 07, 2016

Aren't We Touchy? Maybe it's Too Much Coffee...

Actress Thandie Newton has publicly confronted Starbucks about a London store display featuring a black figure in a loin cloth and safari hat offering up Colombian coffee beans. [More]
What a struggle life must be for an indignant lottery winner "movie star." Either that or it's better than paying a publicist to get her name out there...

She'd have a stroke if someone added a coffee pot to one of these.

You know who else needs to be called out? These stereotyping hatemongers.

But she's not done reeking of superior humanity:
Newton’s proficiency with a firearm, however, didn’t make her forget her values as a human rights activist. “It was weird, it was kind of a bitter-sweet feeling afterwards, I must admit because I am not proud of being good at doing that, I feel really — I am very well aware of the fact that these weapons have been developed and made for only one thing,” she told Uinterview. “I feel very sad about that. I didn’t want, nor did the show [want to], promote weapons and firearms as being cool. It was absolutely not something that I was comfortable with, that notion for a second. So hopefully, that’s something which the audience will take away, there’s always a consequence to any kind of death or injury in the show.”
There, there, Thandie. This'll make it all better.

No comments: