Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Unclear on the Concept

For me the choice is clear – Ted Cruz. [More]
What's not clear is how you reconcile that assertion with this:
Is he eligible? I don’t know for sure, but I suspect not – at least not by my understanding of what the founders had in mind when they ratified the Constitution.
That's your criteria, and the appropriate one, Mr. Farah -- what the founders had in mind. If you have resolved your suspicion, it would be helpful if you explained it to the rest of us.

3 comments:

Longbow said...

I suspect he isn't eligible also. I doubt anyone will ever pay any attention to that again, after Obama.

Ed said...

I think that the following from a year ago needs to be read in full:

http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/

David Codrea said...

Yeah, but I've seen arguments against that opinion piece, too. I don't think we're going to resolve it on a blog-- the most I'm trying for-- and I don't think I'll get it -- is for Farah to explain why he now ignores his earlier show-stopping concern. Because without doing so, it makes no sense and appears inconsistent with his espoused principles.