Friday, July 01, 2016

Random Thoughts on a Friday Morning

The cicadas are finally gone. The silence actually seems out of place. I wonder if I'll ever hear them again.

-----

They're turning Power Rangers into a big Hollywood movie and Bryan Cranston is playing Zordan. Ordinarily I wouldn't give a damn, as Saban and Cranston are both big lefties, except when the cubs were little, the PR were favorites, and we did like "Breaking Bad."  I had to go all over town to get the last Megazord on the shelf for elder feral son Uday's birthday 20 or so years ago.

"Zordan, what do we do now?" he asked in mock character dialog.

"We cook."

-----

This blog will be on limited operations over the next few days. I have a magazine deadline to meet and family coming in from all over for the long weekend. I'll post as I can, and may (or may not) find time to do more than I anticipate, but please understand if comment approval is slower than usual and if I just can't get to link tips.

-----

Make sure to include appropriate reflections in your Independence Day celebrations.

3 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

Have a great weekend with family and friends.

Anonymous said...

No cicada? You lucky guy.....I have had cicadas in my ears for 60 years.,ever since the days of macho shooting on the various firing ranges.....the point was to keep the shooter from flinching........oh my....those were the days.

David Codrea said...

Unfortunately, their departure did nothing to help my chronic tinnitus.