Friday, August 26, 2016

Muster Call

Your NRA-ILA Campaign Field Representative is recruiting volunteers to:  register voters, make phone calls, knock on doors, generate letters to the editor, distribute candidate information, attend events and turn out the pro-gun vote on Election Day. [More]
Lt. Col. Robert K. Brown, NRA Director and Publisher, Soldier of Fortune, called me last night about this effort, to sound me out and solicit inputs. It's no secret I have my differences with Fairfax  -- in this case, if the effort is to keep Hillary from getting to remake the Supreme Court, I can put those aside.

In terms of lesser offices, I'd make sure candidates I worked for could pass muster themselves in terms of complete support for that "single issue,"

If you've never done any of the above activities, I've always had fun participating, and you meet some good people. As an aside, if gun owners won't show up to do this, what are the chances they'd answer a call requiring hardship and sacrifice?

No comments: