Tuesday, September 05, 2017

But All the Other Kids Are Doing It...

But the Whole World Disagrees! [More]
First of all, based on the numbers of "illegal guns" you can find by looking up "Facts by Country" details over at GunPolicy.org, that's debatable.

And as Moms throughout the land have retorted to youngsters who need to learn to stand up for themselves and not follow a peer herd doing something stupid, if all the other kids jumped off a cliff, would you follow them?

Expecting others to bear sole protection responsibility is childish, as the behavior of lemmings conned into demanding it continually confirms.

[Via Jeremy H]

1 comment:

Reg T said...

David, in 1967 I attended the U of AZ in Tucson. A friend and I drove over to Sabino Canyon, where a river flowed through limestone cliffs. I followed my friend up a trail which ended at a cliff thirty feet over a large pool in the river. My friend had been there before, and he proceeded to jump into the river. Discretion being the better part of valor, I declined.

About five minutes later, a guy with a German Shepherd walked to the edge, looked down, then jumped in. As soon as he jumped, the German Shepherd followed him. Not wanting to be out-done by a dog, I finally jumped in, too.

Mom would have wagged her finger at me, if I had ever told her :-)