Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Off the Grid

Both China and Russia have been detected conducting similar cyber battlefield reconnaissance against the U.S. networks used to control critical infrastructure in the United States, including electric grids, transportation, financial, and other critical systems. [More]
And here I thought I was being paranoid noticing that we seem to have more power outages here in 21st Century Northeast Ohio than the ones I recall my family having to get used to when I was a kid in 1960s Tehran. (For those who didn't know that, I tell a story about it in "Lies of Omission.")

[Via Jess]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, Entergy just filed for bankruptcy protection...and will likely close their nuclear power plants.

Watts Bar Unit 2 finally started up, after being shelved for over 20 years...then shuts down for 4 months for repairs. The USA isnt replacing generation to match demand projected in the next few years. Once the .gov teets run dry, don't expect new ideas that can be funded for success without massive regulatory changes and private investments.