Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving



I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving – we’re having our traditional house full with a twist—our oven crapped out, the store warehouse screwed up delivery of the replacement and the installers now can’t make it ‘til Friday. I ordered a cooked meal with all the trimmings from the local supermarket, meaning I need to reheat the turkey on my barbecue grill in @25° weather.

It’ll give me an excuse to light a cigar and pour a couple fingers of the good stuff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving.-Johnny Gee

Anonymous said...

My extended family used to rotate the duty of fixing and hosting on holidays. One year when it was our turn to cook, FPL AKA Florida Flicker and Flash was having fun turning the power on and off which made it kind of hard to keep the oven hot and the turkey timer running. Just to add another variable, my wife was on call and was busy troubleshooting a network outage for the county's IT department so her mental fudging of turkey time and temperature was a rough guestimate. As various relatives arrived the power came on yet again and Mr. Turkey was slammed into the microwave for a little Hail Mary nuking.

There weren't any comments during dinner, but my sister and my brother's wife suspiciously began volunteering to take our turn cooking and hosting after that.

Quoting Slick Willie Clinton, "I feel yo' pain!"

Xfire6 said...

I'll burn one and pour a little bourbon also!!
Thankful.

Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day!

HinMO

Mack said...

I admire how you adapt to adverse situations.