Thursday, December 13, 2018

'A Different Direction'

I received an email this morning from the editor at GUNS Magazine informing me "we are going a different direction with Rights Watch and will no longer need your column."  This isn't that much of a surprise. I have actually been expecting the hammer to drop ever since they "parted ways" with my former editor and magazine mentor Jeff John earlier this year.

I know that I write for a niche within a niche and have a feeling that was a factor. It's their right to run their magazine as they see fit and I'll be interested to see what that "different direction" turns out to be.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

It's hard for me to imagine a "different direction" from a gun rights watch that doesn't face away from gun rights. We will see. They have to sell magazines but we don't have to buy them. We will see.

buckeyebob said...

They chose their side now they can lay in the bed they made . They won't get a buck or a click from me .

Anonymous said...

It'd be different if they just said "We can't afford you anymore."

Paraphrasing Ron Paul, "Freedom is a hard sell."

Terclinger said...

Sorry to see you not there anymore!