Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Betrayal in Waiting?

Donald Trump says he’s open to Dianne Feinstein’s assault weapons age limit – or even a ban [More]
Some of us have been careful to clarify we support the agenda he ran on and had eyes wide open on the man, especially considering his past statements.  Some no doubt will once more attribute this to genius-level three-dimensional chess being played out several moves ahead.  Being a man of lesser faith in political saviors, I'm scratching my head over why he seems to think, when beset on all sides, that it's a good idea to demotivate the only supporters he's got left, especially since ejecting him and moving Pence to the top slot might end up being a windfall move.

I got this link from Herschel, who has some thoughts of his own.

And UPDATE: I didn't realize this story was a year old. Still, the caution is timeless.

3 comments:

PolyKahr said...

David,

While this is a year old, I have always said that Trump can not be trusted, so you have to watch him at every step. He has done some things I applaud, and some things I do not. Getting rid of modern sporting rifles and so called "red flag" laws (which really amount to anonymous people accusing you and having the state take action), which should be illegal, are things I do not approve.

Wade

Pat H. said...

The story continues to hold true. Trump will trade our rights protections for his wall.

Anonymous said...

I agree Wade...people ask me who I voted for in '16...I answer "I voted against Clinton".....I wonder....Trump is either a soon to be turn coat or a very wise chess player..time will tell