Thursday, February 14, 2019

Drunk on Power

Have Beer, Lose Guns [More]
Yep. I've got a couple of beers in the fridge, some Cabernet stored in the basement, some mini-single bottles when I'd like a glass with dinner but don't want to open a full bottle, a partial bottle of rum left over from when we made Christmas egg nog, and some bourbon and single malt in a kitchen cabinet. And guess what:

Every time I indulge, I have ready access to GUNS!!! ( or would if I admitted to owning any). And I can't tell you how many times my impaired judgment and alcohol-fueled rage have resulted in close calls over the decades (unless you consider "zero" a countable number).

If we can't be trusted at a restaurant, why should we be trusted at home?

The answer, of course, is we're not, at least by those who want us disarmed.

2 comments:

Bill in ILL said...

The only ones will arrest and charge someone with DUI for sleeping it off in their car in the tavern's parking lot, stating "they had access to the vehicle." Well, I can sit on my back deck drinking and my truck is right there and the keys are in my pocket. Are they trying to tell me I can be arrested and charged with DUI drinking at home? According to their "logic", apparently so.

Jay Dee said...

Some years ago, a co-worker ended up the drunk class after a DUI. One of his fellow "classmates" had been ticketed and received points on his license for driving his lawnmower in his own yard while reportedly under the influence.