Monday, March 11, 2019

Giving Herself Too Much Credit

I’m an African-American historian and, on most issues, decidedly liberal. Could I rethink my anti-gun stance? [More]
That you presume to pass yourself off as a voice worth heeding yet obliviously spout nonsense like "The N.R.A. ... stands in the way of laws to get automatic rifles out of the hands of people who might kill school children" shows there's nothing to rethink since your beliefs have not been based on thinking in the first place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She also spouts that if SHTF she will go to friends and/or family who have guns, yet won't have them around her house. She won't learn to protect herself and plans to just show up on their doorstep and demand they protect her. Maybe she should just call the cops?
"I would not abide having a gun inside my dwelling or my children’s schools. But where would I want to be if civil society topples and 2020 feels like 1820? In a home like the Haydens’, in a neighborhood like the North Slope of 19th-century Beacon Hill, in a community fortified by love in action and maybe a powder keg beneath the floorboards."

Henry said...

What a craven, cowardly sense of personal entitlement.

2ABill said...

So I'm reminded of the parable of the wise and foolish virgins. The wise virgins were prepared, the foolish were not. As I recall, things did not work out well for the foolish who were unprepared.