Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Well, His Work Here Is Done


Donald Trump Jr. poses with AR-15 rifle featuring images of Hillary Clinton behind bars... [More]
Yeah, well, I wish Don Jr. would do something substantive, like talk to the old man and to the public about "bump stocks" and Guardian and red flags, and the gun purchase age and where the hell rights come from and...

I'm getting pretty tired of shallow gestures with no real commitment earning enthusiastic praise from the easily-impressed. It's past time this guy used his bully pulpit to give us more than self-aggrandizing symbolism.

[Via bondmen]

2 comments:

bondmen said...

Well said David!

You impress me more than anyone on the 2nd Amendment frontlines today with your choice of words and their arrangement and impact into meaningful, substantive sentences and paragraphs. More often than not I get a hearty chuckle as well. Humor is only in the preview of conservative, traditionalist, Originalist, nationalist Constitutionalists, this I know!

What is the genesis of your talents and abilities in this area? To whom do you give praise and glory for your highly valued abilities? Care to share your secrets?

David Codrea said...

Thank you-- I always appreciate kind words and am glad you like what you see here.

I don't consciously template myself after anyone-- I'm sure plenty have influenced me but what you see here is basically my spontaneous reaction to something.