Wednesday, June 10, 2020

We're the Only Ones Canceled Enough

Paramount Network has pulled the plug on Cops for good. The ViacomCBS-owned cabler had removed the long-running show from its schedule in the wake of nationwide protests following the police-involved death of George Floyd on May 25. Now, the network says it's dropping the show altogether. [More]
I never understood the popularity -- the few times I tried to watch it I'd get pi**ed and change channels.

But wait, as late TV pitchman Billy Mays used to say, there's more!

[Via Mack H]

1 comment:

Henry said...

I watched Cops a few times years ago... I'd inevitably get peeved at clear harassment and violations of civil and constitutional rights, and turn it off. In a non-systemically-authoritarian world, at least 25% of the cops on that show would have been indicted and convicted just from what they did on camera, but obviously nobody cared.

I used to leave "Animal Planet" on the TV when we left the dogs alone in the our RV, because they were genuinely entertained by seeing all the animals on the screen and much less likely to bark at neighbors. I stopped when the channel turned into 24/7 badge-licking of wildlife enforcement officers and zero screen time for actual animals.

I wonder if "shut down all police shows" will include Lucifer? Bet that decision will cause a passel of headaches at Netflix.