Monday, September 14, 2020

About That Magic Bullet

 Trump’s “secret weapon” revealed: Fourteenth Amendment allows the President to strip Electoral College votes from states supporting censorship against voters; enables mass arrests of mayors, governors and judges who support BLM [More]

Several of you have sent me links to this. I've seen it and hesitated on commenting so far because I've also seen challenges to some of the interpretations of what the Constitution actually says. Without getting into those details, I just don't see this happening for the more basic reason that it would be a tactically very vulnerable position from which to start a civil war, which this would instantly do and which no one can be truly prepared for.

That so many are enamored by it suggests wishful thinking that someone else will take the risks and make the sacrifices to save us. And the use of adverbs like "merely" reflects a belief that the answer is simple.

I don't find denial helpful. I find it an excuse for many to continue being lazy.


2 comments:

Henry said...

Like Alex Jones, Mike Adams is best used as a springboard for spirited discussion, not as an authoritative source of information.

DDS said...

I'm always suspicious of "Deus Ex Machina."

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=deus+ex+machina