Wednesday, September 30, 2020

That's Debatable

 I listened to last night's debate on the car radio because I had to pick the Mrs. up from the airport. I heard a lot of lost opportunities, but then again, hindsight is what it is.

I noted a singular absence of the "single issue" from that back and forth, and seeing as how so many millions will be voting based on the right to keep and bear arms, I fully expect it will come up in a future verbal cage match. As such, I want to get this advice to the president in now (and since he will most likely never see anything I write, I hope those who have his ear (do these guys, really?) tell him something similar and that he listens):

Don't compromise. Don't accede that "red flags" are something we should look at. Don't cite bump stocks as an achievement.

Don't take fire out of bellies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck.

When Hiden Biden launched the 'climate change' question/charge at Trump he backpedaled stating words to the effect that he accepts the humankind takes at least some blame for mama nature's foibles. Trump's follow on comment that environmental remedies must be offset by economic reality was barely heard.

Would not be a surprise to hear Trump go full Giffords when this comes up.

For what it's worth Hiden won last night's show. Trump tried time and again to disorient Hiden with little success. I'd like some of whatever they're juicing him with.