Monday, September 07, 2020

There's an App for That

Received via email:

 I want to make your readers aware of something disturbing I have found via dating apps, but specifically tinder. For those who don't know, this is a very popular app with the younger people where you swipe right if you like someone, and swipe left if you don't. Multiple times on there, I have been right swiped by very attractive girls that seem normal at first. After talking to them a few messages, they then say they want to have a date to the next blm event and could I meet them there, etc.? Either this is a robot or real person, but my profile is very clear about what I do believe. Part of that is that all lives matter, I'm a right winger, and not a marxist. 

I'm not sure what he is suggesting is going on here but it sounds like if you do this and you're not careful in establishing exactly who you're dealing with, you could end up getting entrappeddoxxed, SWATted, or Craigslisted

I'm glad I don't have to worry about this but can't imagine using an app if I did. My suggestion is to find another way to meet people and then take things slow before you get in too deep. 


1 comment:

Henry said...

I think the very fact of the request itself tells you that the two of you have no real future. Assuming that's your endgame, maybe I'm just old-fashioned to assume that.