Wednesday, October 21, 2020

New Kid on the Block

 Received from Facebook:


If there's one thing I've got, it's "appeal"!

Catch-22, anyone?

I have. Three times since yesterday.

Earlier this month I noted problems 2nd Amendment Advocate-Greybar Hotel was having. The reason given was "community standards." Now I see Gateway Civil Liberties Alliance has been similarly sentenced without trial.


The Keeper is there to ensure "right-thinking":


I suspect it's even more than that. I get the feeling that some "friend requests" are from people who see my stuff appear on their feed and then complain about spam. That was the upshot on my last FB rejection until I told them on appeal that I only accept such requests and never send them. That's because the only reason I am on "social media" (advocacy media!) is to promote my articles, so anyone being apprised of that has signed up for it.

And yeah, I know all about the objections to even being on it or Twitter, and about alternatives that have never produced results worth the time investment to me like MeWe and Gab and Parler, and I still maintain that until such time as a viable alternative is supported by a critical mass of users, we abandon the majors at our peril.

1 comment:

Pat H. said...

I suggest you explain to FB that you’re going to testify to Congress why they should be subject to Anti-trust law.