Monday, May 03, 2021

Best Laid Schemes ... Gang Aft Agley

This is a very precise phrasing of NRA’s situation, in terms of dismissal for bad faith, that is ulterior motive, filing. The judge sees the issue precisely, and if you look at it with that precision, the only answer is: no, the bankruptcy court does not have jurisdiction, and must dismiss the Chapter 11 case. That will be a disaster for NRA’s hopes. This weekend’s board meeting is just spinning the wheels, approving a plan that will never be accepted by the court because the case will already have been dismissed. That will leave NRA a New York corporation, and leave the NY Attorney General free to dissolve it. [More]

My family's recent adventures in forced reprioritization have kept me from telling you about the NRA In Danger blog. If you want to be informed on what's going, there is no better place to consult and to let your friends know about.

As long as I'm on the subject, here are a couple other websites I call your attention to:

I haven't had a lot of time to devote to NRA's self-inflicted sucking wounds, so if you know other websites that offer such well-presented insights, feel free to inform the rest of us via comments.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No longer a member but FWIW saw this somewhere else...

https://helpsavethenra.com/

Mack said...

Welcome back!

Thanks to you, 'Danger' is now bookmarked.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that if the NRA hadn't been more than willing to cmpromise gun rights over the years, they would have had much more support (like from me, for instance) by now.
If you're going to sell yourself as a "gun rights" organization, there's no compromising on rights.
NRA leadership's mistake.

David Codrea said...

In re "Help Save the NRA," I've talked about them before. Their goal of putting Chris Cox in charge is a non-starter for me.

David Codrea said...

That and I just checked their site and they're not doing regularly updated analyses of court proceedings, which is what I am referring to here.

Phillip said...

Ever considered that Cox and LaPierre may be sleepers for the Left....seems plausible to me