Monday, August 23, 2021

Sorry, But I Gotta Insist

I can't make it any clearer than this:


UPDATE- And it appears I was focused on overview and missed what a deeper dive could reveal:
The post topic was Republican politicians that didn’t comment on the ATF proposed rule changes on the definition of “firearm.” My understanding of those proposed changes was that they included ATF expanding that category to include upper receivers, barrels, and other parts. Such parts would have to be serially numbered as is now required for receivers/lower receivers and/or NFA items. Part of the proposal was also to require FFL holders to number said parts(including “ghost guns”) if and when such parts would come in to their possession. My first comment was to bring up the issue of the small mountain of existing inventory of unnumbered parts out there. Is Gun Parts Corp going to have to absorb the cost of stamping numbers on firearms and parts some of which are hundreds of years old? After some thought, it came to me that some folks might not be aware of the age and quantity of spare parts stockpiles in existence. My second comment was to post just one example of parts over 100 year old that would have to be numbered by someone, not to steer business to Sarco.

No comments: