Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

 


"It" could never happen here, right?

I see stuff like this and I keep coming back to the story in Exodus where Moses goes up to the mountain and when he comes back, the idiots have fashioned a golden calf. That always baffled me as a child, thinking they'd seen the plagues of Egypt, the parting of the Red Sea, manna from Heaven... and I was thinking that such forgetfulness and ingratitude just didn't ring true with the way people behave in real life.

Show you how sheltered I was -- or at least the type of values my parents made sure I was immersed in.

Then we see their latter-day counterparts who have seen the miracle that is -- or was -- this country, with so much right in spite of all the wrong that the rest of the world wants to come here for all the benefits our way of life has produced-- and they all want those benefits but demand to tear down the foundations and change the ways into what demonstrably cannot produce anything but renewed bondage, poverty, and misery.

There's no shortage of evil people eager to impose that bondage. They all want our guns. And that's also fine with the idiots in this video who signed the paper.
 
[Via GP]

2 comments:

Backwoods Engineer said...

BRILLIANT analysis as usual, David. I too was thought those golden-calf makers were a bunch of stupid ingrates who didn't appreciate what God had done for them. How quickly we ourselves forget...

Best to you and your family.

Henry said...

Not a shabby way to identify the Nazis in your ow neighborhood, birthdates and all,
Would have been interesting to have Mark report a count of signers vs. refusers.