Friday, September 03, 2021

Who's Running This Show?

 Ragon said that the teachers’ union and teachers had deep concerns about parents recording them in class. [More]

We keep coming back to horses and hounds, don't we?

"What should we think of a gentleman, who, upon hiring a waiting-man, should say to him—'my friend, please to take notice, before we come together, that I shall always claim the liberty of eating when and what I please, of fishing and hunting upon my own ground, of keeping as many horses and hounds as I can maintain, and of speaking and writing my sentiments upon all subjects.' A servant must be a fool, who would not suppose such a master to be a madman... Let these truths sink deep into our hearts: that the people are the masters of their rulers and that rulers are the servants of the people..."

[Via Michael G]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Timeless question:

"Does the State exist to serve the People? Or do the People exist to serve the State?"

And how one answers determines whether one is a libertarian or a statist.

It really is that simple.