Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Just Gimme a Second Here...

 The fingerprint reader unlocks the gun in microseconds, but since it may not work when wet or in other adverse conditions, the PIN pad is there as a backup. [More]

That's all I need to know.

That and this stupid glove idea.

I'm thinking this should be an article but it'll take me a while with previous efforts already in development and with some serious contenders for my time that have been emerging from meatspace over the past couple of days.

[Via Steve T

4 comments:

Henry said...

Nah, I don't need the article, I already saw the movie.
Now I guess we can all get thrown in jail for offering "drop-in magnet kits" for when the print reader AND keyboard go plotz.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure if they can put it in, someone can figure out how to take it out and/or disable it.

I'm interested in knowing if they plan on offering a retrofit kit for my 1914 Erfurt made P08 "Luger" or my Colt Mark IV Model 70 BEFORE they try to ban all "non smart" guns.

I'm also wondering if this time they plan on exempting LEOs like it seems to be every time they try to mandate "smart" guns. After all, if it only takes microseconds to enable and its reliable, why do LEOs need to be exempt? If its not reliable or fast enough for cops we'd be stupid to rely on it.

Its almost as if politicians have to take a stupid pill with their morning coffee.

Or maybe pills aren't necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TQo2D4RtDY

Mike-SMO said...

On a good day, my paws don't do well on touch screens. So if Iam surprised while cleaning or working in the yard/basement or if my hands are fouled in a struggle, I am effectively disarmed. Splendid. Then there is the question of battery life or a remote jammer. [If there isn't one now, there will soon be one.] I'll pass. This is a toy, not a real world tool. The real world is too dirty and unpredictable for this gizmo.

GaryM said...

This concept needs to be field tested by the presidential protection detail and all federal LEOS for a few years to prove it's ruggedness.