Monday, January 03, 2022

We're the Only Ones Questioning Enough

“I just felt very violated, like they violated his Fifth Amendment right, (which protects people from self-incrimination),” he said. “He’s not a lawyer. He’s not an adult. He doesn’t know our complex legal system. “He should have been interviewed either in our home or we could have went down to the police station or we could have refused to do an interview. (If I had known they were going to interview him), I would have probably hired an attorney to be present.” [More]

I so instructed both my sons when they were ready to understand the concept and why. It's amazing to me how many adults still don't get it.

As an aside, the kid is 15 and Democrats tell us in one more year he'll be competent to vote.

[Via Michael G]

1 comment:

Henry said...

Not only do I not have to guess this minor suspect's name and (detailed) race, the paper was nice enough to publish a handy photo of him. It gave me a stab of nostalgia for the '70s.