Friday, March 25, 2022

Coming Soon, to Gas Station a Near You

 Sri Lanka has ordered its military to post soldiers at hundreds of petrol stations to help distribute fuel after a sudden rise in prices of key commodities and the accompanying shortages forced tens of thousands of people to queue for hours. [More]

Some of us well remember the Carter lines. I was driving home and actually ran out of gas in my Austin Healey a mile down the road from where Tiger Woods would crash decades later.

No worries this time, though. If all goes to plan, we'll be too hungry to drive anywhere.

[Via WiscoDave]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a love/hate relationship with my 100-4. I loved the car when it ran. I hated it when it didn't. Mostly I loathed the SU slide valve carbs that were usually the reason it wasn't road worthy. Frequently the Miami humidity and salt air would cause corrosion between the slide and the carb body. The accelerator pressure was enough to open the carb, but then the slide would jam and the return spring not be enough to pull the engine back to idle. The results could be rather exciting.

Bill said...

My brother had an MGB that either had carbon on the valves, or Lucas (Prince of Darkness Electric Light Company) problems. Drove me nuts, until he got rid of it. Then he married a woman who had one. But, he's a liberal. They don't learn.