Friday, November 25, 2005

"We're Your Neighbor"

Blognomicon tells us of a Gary, IN woman robbed at knifepoint at a CITGO station--and the clerk refused to dial 911! If you have a blog, please consider telling your visitors about this, along with CITGO's contact information.

My email:

An Open Letter: Is This CITGO Corporate Policy?

Your website claims “We’re Your Neighbor.”

Your “Community Involvement” page tells us “At CITGO, we take ‘community’ seriously. Lending a hand to those in need is important to us.”

Yet, according to the Associated Press, when a paying customer asked a Gary, IN, station counter clerk to dial “911” after getting robbed at knifepoint, he refused. And your manager confirmed this is standard practice.

Is it?

What is CITGO going to do about this?

And why, with all the competition out there, should the public do business with a company that shows such callous and cowardly disregard for the welfare of its customers?

Your reply, or lack of one, will be publicized. How much depends on the swiftness and acceptability of your reaction.

5 comments:

Xavier said...

Thank myou for the info Dave. Email sent!

AlanDP said...

Well, I don't know if three constitutes a blogswarm, but I also sent an email.

Anonymous said...

Make that 4, at least.
I told them I am a business owner and will be making many others aware of their flawed policy. Further, I am in the process of purchasing acreage in southern Indiana and I will be spreading the (negative) word about Citgo there as well.

Either they start acting like human beings or they get shut down. Yes, its that simple.

Anonymous said...

I did my part. Kept it brief too, by the way (Dave).

Recieved this reply:

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are currently investigating this incident. Please understand that CITGO does not own or operate any retail outlets. However, we can (and will) take appropriate measures -- up to and including de-branding the station -- if such action is warranted.

CITGO is committed to operating as a good neighbor where we do business. Please be assured that we do not ignore nor take matters like this lightly.

Thank you for your interest in CITGO Petroleum Corp.

Sincerely,

David McCollum
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Anonymous said...

My neighbor, my enemy...