Friday, November 25, 2005

Shock and Awe

My senses were assaulted the other day while in the supermarket checkout line by the usual smut passing for celebrity tabloids and "women's" magazines.

One that stood out--even over speculation about Britney and K-Fed, Brangelina and Jen, Mary-Kate's bony back, Nick and Jessica's impending split, Lindsay's engagement ring, and Cosmo's latest technique for busting his balls while employing tricks that'll drive him wild in bed while still being a feminist while increasing your bust size(I wish they'd make up their minds)--was the December issue of Glamour, featuring Catherine Zeta-Jones as cover girl.

"I am in awe of women who stand up for their rights," the Welsh actress gushed.

Really, Ms. Jones? Does that include the right of women to keep and bear arms that your punk husband and his UN handlers keep trying to eliminate?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know... back when I was in school I asked one of my liberal teachers what their definition of freedom was. No surprise, it wasn't the ability to do what you want so long as you don't hurt others. No...

They said that Freedom is being free from having to worry about what others might do to you.

Needless to say I was absolutely floored. What on earth can you say to something so insane but quote "Those who trade their freedom for security will lose both and deserve neither", though the quote tends to vary from source to source... oh well. I don't think he appreciated me much after that.

Anonymous said...

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety,deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

At least I THINK that's how it goes.