Wednesday, December 28, 2005

For You, It's a Felony. For Me, It's an "Oopsie!"

Banno, 48, of 411 W. Thousand Oaks faces one count of boarding a plane with a weapon, a Class 4 felony punishable by either probation or up to three years in prison.

Banno was arrested shortly before 8 a.m. Nov. 22 by airport police as he tried to pass through the security checkpoint on his way to catch a flight to Florida. The weapon, a .380-caliber handgun, showed up as his carry-on bag was sent through the X-ray machine.
You know what his mistake was, right?

He's not a political elite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that I am a psychic... but I knew this blog was coming the moment I read the article about Juan Hinojosa. I bet that if I tried to go through airport security with one of those blue rubber guns I would get a harsher punishment that Juan Hinojosa.

I must keep telling myself that my guns kill less people then Ten Kennedy's car.

Alice said...

You wouldn't get a harsher penalty if you had a decent lawyer which Senator Hinojosa did. Less than 10% of those who accidently attempt to take a handgun through security are prosecuted because of the way the law is written. Sen. Hinojosa is pro-gun and pro-CHL.

David Codrea said...

Alice, no one except the site owner (that would be me) would ever know about a comment posted to a story that is 2 years old. I've responded to you with a post dated 5/21/07. Feel free to go there and further educate us.