Thursday, October 19, 2006

What Can Brown Do to You? (The Silence is Deafening)


NRA management can't say they're not aware of things. And still no word after an email from a past members' council president, 3 phone calls from me, and an open invitation to explain to us all what's going on.

A reader copied me on an email he sent to Cam Edwards, so let's see if that yields any result (after he's back from break).

Meanwhile, I can't help but note the following from Wayne's new blog:


In this matter, Mr. LaPierre, I'm afraid I trust Larry Rankin. And I'm not the only one--I just got this in my inbox:
Just wanted to say that I have known Larry Rankin for more than 12 years. Larry and I spend quite a bit of time together when we are not working. He told me about the interview with Bill Brown several weeks ago. Larry's always been a man of his word.
I suspect the "prudent" course will be charted by Fairfax: Ignore it and it will go away. Only a few people will even learn of this (they've got that right--the only places I've seen a link to the story are on Gun Law News and Fodder's blog).

And so it goes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,I'm just not computer-savvy. What doess this mean? Are they keeping records of who visits what sites? What can we do to surf anonymously?

David Codrea said...

RJ--this comes from my site visit counter--it's pretty much standard to be able to pull this info up on whoever visits your site unless they employ privacy software--I can track how many visits and where they come from. There are anonymizers--suggest you do a search on that word to learn more.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, David. I'll give it a try. Will they stymie gov't efforts?

Anonymous said...

David, I'm not computer-savvy either but I take this to mean that somebody at the NRA checked your website? I know I gave them a piece (small one ... can't afford to give up much these days) of my mind and made them firmly aware that they would never again see one red cent of mine if they didn't at least respond. I then provided a link to your post. Hope I didn't get you in trouble with "Safe School Wayne" and Co.

Anonymous said...

If a gun owner and a second amendment supporter is in trouble with LaPierre it means they are doing something right.

Waffling Wayne doesn't have a French surname for no reason. It makes surrender and collaboration so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Did they spend all 46 minutes on your "Bil Brown" page?