Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Root of the Problem IS Obvious

The root of the problem is obvious -- guns...

Renacci knows he's caught in the middle as Warren's gunsmithing company -- Siara Arms, currently located in Coventry Plaza -- prepares to move into the building that formerly housed the Anshutz furniture store...

"With all the school shootings around the country, I think this brings the wrong message to the community and the kids...I'm not saying they can't open," Finneran said. "But what I am saying is that there has to be better locations in Wadsworth than next to the school.

"I just don't think it's appropriate with the current climate to have anything dealing with guns next to a school."
The root of the problem IS obvious. Ignorance and resulting fear.

At least that's an understandable excuse for an hysterical Wadsworth mommy. What's your excuse, Wayne?

4 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Wadsworth Superintendent of Schools Dan Forner says, "It's not an anti-gun thing or a First Amendment thing. We all are concerned about guns that close to a school."
Um, Dan, I don't think anyone was talking about freedom of speech issues, so I'm guessing you meant Second Amendment.

Sure would be nice if people in education had some knowledge of the Constitution.

me said...

was on the news here. some jackass was saying it might give kids the "wrong idea" The REAL wrong idea is teaching your kids that you should just give a criminal anything he wants because you'll be safe and it's not his fault after all.

I'm going to try to get down there to the meeting if I can. A friends relatives live in the city. I just can't wait to hear what these fruitcakes have to say.

To top it off, If they do get permission to open (barf, permission to seek a living where they think there's customers!) I'm going to go down and support them by buying stuff. Anyone else in the area should do likewise...maybe I can talk them into a giant banner of the constitution in the windows to further the sad "education" those kids next door are getting.

Anonymous said...

There would be people complaining if Baskin-Robbins moved in!

Let the school system prove it's case. Bring in experts that have experience in this "situation" and can testify about the detrimental proximity.

Otherwise, Dan Forner = FUD.

me said...

The folks looking to move there chickened out and gave into the anti-gun forces.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/living/community/16166961.htm

Oh well, so much for attending the meeting, I even had a raincoat picked out for the spittle slinging lunatics rants.