Saturday, December 15, 2007

Open Letter to NRA on Confirmation of "Maximum Mike"

In the last presidential election, NRA rallied its members, raising millions of dollars against John Kerry by telling us he would initiate and support measures harmful to our right to keep and bear arms. Kerry is supporting confirmation of Michael Sullivan as head of ATF, and is joined by Ted Kennedy and the Brady Center's Peter Hamm.

Every national "pro-gun rights" organization has come out against this confirmation except for NRA. The biggest of them all, the leader, is silent.

Why?

David Codrea
Life Member
If you oppose the Sullivan confirmation, please contact NRA via this form.

[Thanks to Armed and Safe]

8 comments:

SamenoKami said...

Done!

the pistolero said...

because they're spending resources on other things, like battling for hunters' rights...

Anonymous said...

I also commented here: https://www.nrahq.org/contact.asp

under "Membership comments".

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Thanks for the linkage, David. I'm a little surprised by the amount of attention that post is getting--I don't think I said anything that you and Ryan haven't been saying all along--I just took longer to do it.

David Codrea said...

Right place, right time, right message that needs to be repeated...

Some have suggested this would be a waste of NRA's political capital and resources. Good grief.

They pay their staffers regardless, and issue alerts regardless. All it would take is a paragraph or two on their next alert, advising members to contact their senators.

The fact that they haven't tells me they don't want to. The fact that they've been silent tells me they don't wish to tell us why.

SamenoKami said...

I tempted them with money. If they'll come out against Sullivan, I'll re-join the NRA. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

I am a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment especially where the 2nd amendment acknowledges a person's inalienable right to "keep and bear arms."

For the NRA to remain silent as an anti-gun candidate is being confirmed to lead the BATF in the future is very bewildering to me as a NRA member.

I would hope that the NRA would use everything in its arsenal to defeat such a blatant attempt to impose any more unnecessary restrictions on the rights of "individuals" to legally possess firearms.

Anonymous said...

I haven't understood a lot of things the NRA had done in the past 10 years.