Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What Have YOU Done for Heller?

I've made a few appeals now about supporting Academics for the Second Amendment in their work to draft an amicus brief on behalf of the Heller case.

These good people have devoted much labor that will benefit us all, yet their costs are far from being covered. Who thinks it's fair that, in addition to doing all the research, writing, and production work, costs such as additional attorney fees, printing expenses, filing fees, travel and lodging expenses, etc., ought to come out of their pockets as well?

The brief will be online soon--they file it on Monday. While I have not seen an advance copy, I have been in correspondence with one of the attorneys working on it--David Hardy. I do know they will be raising some things that are vital, and that were not covered in the Respondent's brief. I also know and have faith in not only the reputations of the principals involved, but also the peerless quality of their scholarship and work to date.

If every WarOnGuns visitor today sent them the cost of a box of ammo, they'd be well on their way to recovering most of their costs. If you then took it one step further and sent a link to this plea to your gun owning friends, we'd be able to make them completely whole.

Gratitude is important. Don't you think we owe these men at least this much?

You can either donate via PayPal on the A2A site, or send a check to:
Academics for the Second Amendment
Post Office Box 131254
St. Paul, Minn. 55113

RELATED READING:
Academics for the Second Amendment Need Your Support NOW
How YOU Can Be a Part of History
Academics for the Second Amendment Want YOU

Just stop what you're doing right now and take care of this. I mean, really...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prof. Joe Olson was one of the moving forces behind the MN 'shall-issue' law, and continues to monitor the state lege trying to keep the Metrocrats from slipping anti-gun legislation through. Where he finds time to do all this is beyond me, but I am very thankful that he does.

I've finished paying for my lifetime GOA membership, and have purchased a 2 year JPFO membership, so my 'gun rights cash' is going to A2A for now.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

I'm in, and grateful.

Anonymous said...

David, Thank you for keeping this very important work in people's minds. I'm actually rather stunned that more bloggers aren't spreading the word as widely and as well as you have been. It's not like A2A are asking for the moon. Thsi is indeed the Big One. I hope that our fellow concerned citizens get with the program and pony up. Anyway, I'm anxiously awaiting next Monday to see all of the respondent's amici. Thanks again for all of your good works and for being a rare individual with the spine to stand and speak and act on your principles.

Anonymous said...

This may be naive, and please excuse me if it is, but as someone in the DC area who has already spent all his disposable politics/gun fun income on Ron Paul, are there non-monetary tangibles I could contribute? Food and/or lodging?

Anonymous said...

Just a question,
I heard paypal was anti 2A and has a history of locking up funds and making them inaccessible. Recently a group trying to get a vote recount (ron paul?), raised the required fee and paypal froze the account so they missed the deadline.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. Just donated.

David Codrea said...

Hence the ability to donate by check, anon, for those who don't like PayPal...

Anonymous said...

Sent $100 to ASA, & $250 to Buckeye Firearms Foundation

chris horton said...

The funds have been sent. Thanks to David and Everyone for what is being done for our 2A Rights.

Clint said...

Sent what I could, wish it was more.

Anonymous said...

Sent a check to a2a and text messages to all my friends challenging them to send a minimum of $20.00 (got four confirmations already. I also alerted the owner of the best little ole gun store in Texas to your blog site as well as the a2a site, he was aware of course of Heller but unaware of a2a. He'll be puting out the information to all customers who enter the store. When my grandkids ask me "Grandpa, what did you do in the fight for freedom?" I don't want to have to say, "Well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana."

Ken said...

I'm in for a double sawbuck. Least I can do--I'm an academic-in-training (second year, doctor of business administration) and I support the Second Amendment.