Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Chicago Alderman Loophole

Mayor Daley said today he's all for the idea of temporarily re-opening gun registration in Chicago -- not as a favor to Ald. Richard Mell (33rd), but to get a realistic handle on the number of guns in Chicago.
Yeah, OK, I'll buy that. And how much for the bridge?

Hey, this is Chicago. What's a little "L'État, c'est moi" among cronies?

Many of you sent me links to various accounts of this in-your-face hypocrisy, and it's being covered like crazy everywhere else in the gun blog universe, so I'm probably going to reserve most of what I have to say for a magazine article--this one is a natural.

I do wonder why Snuffy hasn't made an apearance, though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did the armored personnel carriers frighten Alderman Mell into obeying his own law?