Saturday, May 17, 2008

Daddy, Don't You Walk So Fast...

...Daddy, slow down some 'cause you're makin' me run...

AvgJoe is on a tear--all these links and so little time...:)

Here--I've combined 'em in one post:

We're the Only Ones Not Really Only Ones Enough
A man coaxed an aspiring model into his car by flashing a fake police badge and then raped her at gunpoint, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriffs Office.
Well--they've got just about everybody conditioned to obey on command, don't they? Figures some enterprising sort would figure out how to work that to his advanntage and actually increase violent crime.

We're the Only Ones "All in the Family" Enough
Drew Peterson won't get back 10 guns authorities seized last year, but his police officer son appears likely to end up with the weapons, Peterson's attorney said Tuesday.
I didn't realize Peterson had been convicted of anything. If he has, what's he doing on the street? If he hasn't, why is it lawful to take his guns?

The Microstamp Workaround
Codes engraved on the face of the firing pin could easily be removed with household tools, Beddow found.
That alone should be enough to stop this foolishness. And of course, there are many other reasons, too.

I guess California in general--and the University of California in particular--must be pretty flush despite desperate pleas for more money...

We're the Only Ones "Mentoring" Enough
Authorities in New York have launched a case against a police officer who once led a department "gay" organization, alleging he preyed on a relative's adopted son and forced the boy to have sex with him.

But don't you dare lift a pink...uh...finger against him...

-------------------------

Ahhh--I see he just sent me another one. I'll get to it in a bit, AJ--I see it merits it's own separate post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Thanks David.
But it's not me looking, everywhere I go to read news is filled with such stories as of lately. Is this because we are having an election year or is this because the media outlets are printing stories from a different angle because they are going under. Or is government that seemingly out of control going over the top at a faster rate of speed.
Truth be known, I enjoy your humor in comments along with the stories, very rewarding.

David Codrea said...

ain't it the truth? I literally do not need to go out hunting/gathering for fodder--it literally falls in my lap--a point I've made time and again with "Only Ones" entries, lest anyone think I've got a special anti-cop vendetta I'm running here.

I wish money were as easy to find lying around as stories of government abuse and anti-gunner absurdities.

Oh, and thanks for laughing with me, instead of the alternative...

Anonymous said...

Not sure of the accuracy, but cable talking heads reported that Peterson held back at least one of his guns when he was ordered to surrender them. With no valid FOID, what USUALLY happens in that circumstance?
What the heck kind of "analysis" can they be doing on the others, to keep them so long? There's no ballistic evidence to compare yet. I guess it's "Because we CAN."
Peterson comes across as an arrogant ass, but he has rights, just as any of us should, and any of us could be made to look bad.
I guess being suspected of murdering your wife EQUALS being accused of domestic violence, and under Lautenberg...
And it happens to so many others we never learn about.