Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An Update from the Olofson Family

7.14.08

I certainly understand and appreciate those who are looking for information on David. Please be patient. Since the last communiqué, we have been doing damage control and cleanup from the flooding we had on 6/12. We will be at it for a while, like many in the Midwest and certainly a lot more who were hit harder than us. Just as in David's case, I just cannot imagine!

But we are trying to get in place a few other details, which will follow shortly, regarding some help for David. I just received a letter from David and he indicated he is doing fine, and we should not worry. I'm sorry to tell him that after what he has been put thru, we still worry a great deal. He indicated he can receive nothing 'hard covered' and is limited to 10 pages per letter - so do not be afraid to write. I am making copies of the popular blogs he frequented, and will be forwarding them to him, so if you prefer not to write to him directly, please leave a message for him and I will get it to him.

I would ask again for all not to lose sight of, as David would say, "the price of the fight for freedom". In this particular case the atrocity of having any firearm being 'made' into a machinegun. Have you written your congressmen, FBI, Attorney General, Vice-President and President??

The thugs do not think twice about using this scheme, see War on Guns 7.10.08 from Len Savage.

Please keep David in your prayers.

Dave & Pat Olofson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've written to my Congressman and the one senatator with whom I still communicate. The other, John Warner, wants the AW ban back anyway.
No response from Jim Webb. Eric Cantor suggests that the BATFE Modernization and Reform Act will fix everything.
The local paper had a good typo: "an official, who agreed to speak on condition of ANIMOSITY..."
I'd say it's getting to be a sure bet.
Keeku asked for a re-test. The government shouldn't be able to appeal, only The People. The government has unlimited time and resources to keep on until the outcome favors them.