Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Kind of Dealership

I wonder if they're "certified pre-owned"?

You'll note Joe Arpaio's "War on Drugs" tank--Dan S, who sent me this link tells me "that it is actually nonoperational (engine removed at least) and that it is used as a mobile DARE classroom. They just tow this thing around with a mil surplus heavy equipment transport that operates in the gallons per mile range to try and tell kids not to do drugs."

I wouldn't mind having an M109 with all the options, assuming, of course, I had the wherewithal to keep it maintained and running. It seems a bit much for routine drug dealer harassment, but I can think of other deployment scenarios.

As an aside, I didn't watch the debates last night--I don't have much tolerance for beauty pageants, and besides, Kelly's Heroes, featuring some fun tank action with Shermans and Tigers, was on the commercial-free classic movie channel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, you mean I was getting my blood pressure raised when I could have been watching Eastwood kill krauts. I should really pay more attention to the guide channel.