Monday, September 08, 2008

Return to Blue Island

We talked yesterday about how Blue Island mayoral candidate Tommy Brown violated all kinds of gun laws when he held an "unauthorized" gun "buyback" (note the problematic words are in quotation marks).

Here's something I didn't realize at the time: He'd been publicly warned off and did it anyway. He intentionally and with pre-meditation engaged in civil disobedience and committed multiple "gunfelonies," and he has not been arrested or prosecuted.

I'd like to do that too, so I thought I'd ask the chief of police if he'd cut me the same deal:



Chief Hogland,

This is an open letter--I'm sharing it with others who believe like me that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Seeing as how you've given Blue Island mayoral candidate Tommy Brown and his gun "buyback" sellers a pass on arrest and prosecution for multiple counts of illegal firearms transfers without going through the required FOID process and waiting period, I'm thinking of setting up an unlicensed facility just like he did and doing the same thing, especially if I don't have to fear arrest and legal consequences--just like he didn't.

Before I go out and buy a bunch of $100 gift certificates, I'd like your assurance that the same privileges and immunities you afforded a well-connected democrat politician will also be extended to me, an ordinary citizen. We are all supposed to be equal under the law, aren't we?

So how about it, chief? Can I also come into your jurisdiction and commit multiple felonies without fear of criminal repercussions? I know lots of people who would also like to take advantage of this gun "buyback" loophole as well, and we're looking to you to let us know the worst that will happen is you'll confiscate what you find.

I look forward to your affirmative response so I can get the word out. Gosh--Blue Island sounds like just about the most "gun friendly" community I've ever heard of, especially since many people who've illegally bought and sold guns in your state are doing some serious time.

Please let me know, because I don't want to attempt this if you're going to selectively apply enforcement of the laws.

Thanks in advance for your support!

David Codrea
http://waronguns.blogspot.com/
Feel free to join me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prepare for a repeat of what that evil Newsome had done to you. Look for cops inspecting your domain, abode, and all orifices, soon.

Anonymous said...

well said!