Thursday, September 25, 2008

We're the Only Ones Mousy Enough

L and I go back to eating our slices, both of us knowing that this woman would take down a criminal without blinking, but was scared to death of a little field mouse.
I disagree. This woman showed you what she's made of and she failed by all measures of honorable human conduct. She had a chance to do something small and she fled like a coward. This is the most dangerous type of person I can imagine ceding lethal decision-making to.

Why such as she are considered the "Only Ones" thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent enough to wield power denied to We the People is a mystery to me, but one I continually endeavor to understand.

[Via cycjec]

2 comments:

Sean said...

May as well ask why Michael Moore is still walking around.

Anonymous said...

Let's face it, these girl patrolpersons aren't working out well. There's also research indicating that unnecessary shootings increase with the number of female officers on the beat. Adding black male officers causes the same statistic to decrease. IIRC this was in an Ann Coulter columm (ok, ok) and I don't have another cite off the top of my head.

The ritual obesiance "let me say I have the utmost respect" opener in the original mouse incident post was also indicative.