Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Virtual Unreality

Really, why do you need guns except to shoot a pigeon, or a deer? You're not a policeman. You can't ensure that you're children won't get hold of your gun. You can't hold yourself to be a responsible adult when you return home angry, drunk and volatile.

Just bury the damn thing, change the constitution and ban guns. Stop blaming violent video games and Marilyn Manson. Enough is enough. These tragic murders need to stop.
I talked about this case yesterday in my Gun Rights Examiner column.

Silly me. I happen to believe balanced people can handle guns and music and video games. And that those who can't have no claim on my choices.

I don't think I could approach this UK gaming nitwit with anything even resembling civility. If you have the belly to engage him, go for it.

Feel free to grab him by the lapels and use your forehead as a club. Virtually, of course.

4 comments:

The_Chef said...

As a gamer I find this kind of attitude a lot. And I don't understand it. I think the thing is that many gamers, while fully capable of operating out in the real world, don't understand all of the implications of their thoughts. Many people play very violent video games, but are actually anti-gun. That seems odd.

Stop blaming violent video games and Marilyn Manson. Enough is enough. These tragic murders need to stop.
Yes let's not blame these sets of inanimate objects, lets blame THIS set over here that I don't like.

jdege said...

It is the responsibility of every gun owner to adequately secure his firearms.

What level of security is adequate depends upon how much the least responsible member of the household can be trusted.

For a retired gentleman without kids, a holstered gun sitting on an end table is secure enough. For a parent with a severely disfunctional kid, locked in a safe may not be.

Smokey Behr said...

I play violent video games, and I listen to Marilyn Manson (and other music that would be deemed far more violent) and I own firearms. Not once have I threatened my parents with my firearms, nor would I ever think of it.

This is typical of the mindset of the (formerly) Great Britain. They have been so brainwashed by their media that firearms and self-defense are bad. It just goes to show you how bad things really are over there.

Anonymous said...

Gotta just be more projection...

"You can't hold yourself to be a responsible adult when you return home angry, drunk and volatile."

I have never come home angry, drunk, and volatile. If you are likely to be so, go ahead and do the rest of us a favor and get rid of your guns. You might also consider getting rid of your car, knives, and pointed sticks. You might also consider living alone. No one should have to put up with you.

I can't guarantee my kids won't get my guns. They know where they are and what they look like. I might my kids to bring me one of my guns someday. Of course, they might just choose to bring me one of theirs instead.

"change the constitution"

This won't help. We hold these truths to be self evident...