Friday, January 16, 2009

Radio Daze

I am overwhelmed of late. The quantity of demands requiring attention and response are burying me. Not that I'm complaining--it's better than calling out and only hearing echoes, but please understand if an email slips through the cracks--I'm not ignoring you on purpose.

So I'm just now getting a moment to post this, my segment on The Steve Gill Show.

He was pretty knowledgeable during our chat--he was up on the latest Mayors Against (Your) Guns youth outreach, for example...it made it easy to keep the conversation flowing, which I like.

I was only on for 15 minutes, but I think we crammed a lot in our back-and-forth, and he certainly let me have my say. Next time, I'll make sure I email the producer on how to pronounce my last name and will ask them to let me give a website plug for my Gun Rights Examiner column.

Anyway, here's how those who didn't tune in live and give a damn can listen:

Go to The Steve Gill Show website.
Click on the "Listen to Steve 24/7 via podcast" widget thingie, just below the "On the Air" button.
Scroll down about halfway and look at the right column box that says "Steve Gill - January 15, 2009 Hr3 Tim Geitner; David Codrea - Columnist for Guns Magazine; American Idol Highlights"

If you just want to listen to my part, drag the slider about to the middle and then hit Play.

I'd link you directly to it, but understand some consider that a misappropriation of bandwidth. I don't want to do anything to where they'll think unkindly of me, because producer Dusty Jensen wrote me after the show:
Thanks so much David! Steve said he really enjoyed speaking with you. If you don't mind, we'd love to keep your contact info to have you back when these sorts of gun issues arise. Is that okay? Thanks again!
Yeah, I suppose it would be.

7 comments:

Stephen said...

Listening now David.

Anonymous said...

Wow! He sure did trash your last name. Its not like its a hard name to say at that.

Anonymous said...

Darn, I tried to listen on the radio, but didn't hear it. The Sundance station was listed on the map at the Gill site, but either I had the time wrong or that station just didn't carry it this time. RATS

Can't listen on line with a dial up either. Rats again.

Sure hope they will have you back soon... and learn to pronounce your name. Used to be radio people were fanatic about that. Times change...

jon said...

i listened, enjoyed it. i certainly do hope you have time for them again! with influence (read: power, authority) comes responsibility.

Anonymous said...

I got Gill, and I managed to tap into everything except the segment I wanted. Don't know why.

Grumpyunk said...

Straightarrow - On the link provided, look on the left side for the - Listen to the podcast. If you click that it opens a new page. Look down on the Center Right column for the On Demand heading. It's currently the 4th one down the list. I just listened to it.

David, Great Job. It'll be nice to say we knew ya when...

Anonymous said...

From the linked post dated back in 2006:

"I don't have a lot of pictures of me, because I'm always taking pictures..."

Please rectify this situation. Your children will thank you many years from now. I did not realize how few pictures I had of my father until I made the memory board for his funeral.