Monday, September 14, 2009

Gun Grabbers Enable Rape of the Handicapped

I, for one, refuse to be sacrificed for "public safety"--particularly for the illusion of public safety. [More]
A man in a wheelchair is raped in a public men's room.

St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner Kurt Hofmann shares his personal perspective on why he will not be defenseless.

I know some of you have inquired about Kurt's well-being due to his lack of posts recently. I can tell you this one took a real effort on his part, and we're not likely to see a return to a normal schedule for a while yet.

Please join me in doing what you can to spread this far and wide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word comes from the hinterlands that Freerepublic blocks Examiner.com articles because of "copyright complaints" (presumbly by Examiner.com?)

In Liberty,

JohnJacobH
(www.johnjacobh.wordpress.com)

David Codrea said...

Yeah, I guess I initiated that.

They were posting my full articles. That removes all incentive for people to read it at Examiner. I emailed them and told them I appreciated exposure, but could they please just post a few teaser paragraphs and a link. I was very nice.

They shined me on and left the columns up, so I turned it over to my boss. He approached them, they shined him on, so he had the Examiner lawyer remind them about copyrights.

I guess because of that they won't even link to us anymore.

Here's the thing--we get meager stipends from Examiner but every little bit helps. I've seen my stuff on Infowars where they make $$ from ads on their site, and have even found a couple college term paper sites selling my magazine articles.

That's just BS--I have bills too and work damn hard at this, so I resent the hell out of people who just take my paid stuff and feel like it's theirs. I never ask readers to give me a dime, but the stuff I sell is copyrighted and helps keep a roof over my head.

If by Free Republic they mean they get to exploit the work of others for free (and they ask for donations, I do not), then the hell with them.

My policy on WarOnGuns is clear:

All of my entries on this site are © David Codrea, but may be posted freely elsewhere as long as they are not edited without my consent, and attribution and a link to this blog are provided.

All I ask of regular readers is they help spread the links to my Examiner stuff. Perhaps I'm selfish and wrong, but I don't believe I'm asking too much.