Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Note About Yesterday's Post

This one, about CBS...

It has been suggested on one forum by someone with no dog in the fight, and who has not invested thousands of hours of their life with the attendant exertion and financial/emotional strain, that "credit" doesn't matter as long as the story gets out.

That's my point: The whole story is NOT getting out when the mainstream press is what controls the megaphone, and as I pointed out, even Wikipedia deletes all references to we who forced people to pay attention and who continue to expose new facets. Sharyl's done great work, but there is plenty she and Fox and all the other reporters and bloggers have not touched on that is only available on mine and Mike's sites. As I wrote recently, there are also stories I have had to spike recently because we're just not big enough fish to be able to do anything about it if retaliation is the government response, so my sources, with Republican squishiness being among other factors, asked me not to post my finished drafts. As their protection is my priority, I of course complied.

On top of that, there's information Mike and I have that we've not yet disclosed--in some cases big stuff that eats at us, that we're itching to get out, and that we just can't yet, and who knows when we'll be able to? As our best defense--because we are small fry--has always been to make noise, believe me when I say that situation makes me feel very vulnerable, because as long as it resides only with us, it is containable. And we're dealing with people who would engineer guns being walked to Mexican criminals here...

Another person suggested we write a book, but that requires an interested publisher, and an advance so that we can eat in the mean time.  Speaking of which, that's the reason I keep asking regulars--you who evidently get value from the work because you keep returning--to share the GRE links, and the reason why getting them out to a larger readership is important--at least to me...

Oh, and there's one other great reason why we should just not sit back and say let CBS be the final word on Guwalker. This one. Moonves could pull the plug at any time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you make a great point about the Mass Media or Manistream Media. sometimes the stories that dont get heard are what may be most true or even most credible. The Mass media generally doesnt care about whether or not its true, they care about whether or not it gets them ratings. I'm with you on this one, my fellow gun enthusiast. I've got a gun blog of my own if you'd like to check it out:

http://americansfor2ndamendment.blogspot.com/