Friday, June 28, 2013

Three from Constitution Watch

Hey, around here, that's a "spate."

H.R. 2541: To allow certain off-duty law enforcement officers and retired law enforcement officers to carry a concealed firearm to protect children in a school zone.

Because everyone is freer when we have more "Only Ones." Thanks, Republicans!

H.R. 2567: To require that all handguns manufactured, sold in, or imported into, the United States incorporate technology that precludes the average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire.

Subversive Speier and the Democrats. Figures. What did I warn about all those years ago?
Unless a drooling moron can hold the gun in his toes and gnaw on the barrel and yank back on the trigger with his (presumably opposable) thumbs in utter and oblivious tranquility, it must be banned. 
H.R. 2566: To modify the definition of armor piercing ammunition to better capture its capabilities.

Speier and the Democrats again. Evidently, because no text is available yet, it's safe to assume if it penetrates armadillo armor, it's verboten.

Don'tcha just love the way these last two have "Constitutional Authority Statements" and they just blanket refer to Article 1 Section 8?  And wouldn't you just love to see someone who knows ammo grill this ignorant  c-word on camera to produce another "shoulder thing that goes up" moment?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

META: my current version of Opera blocks this popup. I actually went to IE go post this comment.

Appositely, I've been reading the book The Year We Disappeared by Cylin Busby and John Busby. JB was a Nantucket highway patrolman, seriously injured in a shotgun attack that everyone believed was done by a local criminal.

Some weeks later, Cylin thinks, after one incident in the night time " I started thinking about what happened. I realized that if someone had come for us tonight, I didn't have a weapon anywhere that I could use. I didn't have a gun, and I hardly knew how to use my mom's. My dad's rifle was too big, and his revolver was almost too hard for my brothers. What could I use?" page 237.

The family eventually had to relocate and the story could not be told for decades. Cylin was a few years older than five, but she would not have been safer had she been younger.

All the best, cycjec.