Monday, October 24, 2005

Background Checks to Double This Week

From Vin Suprynowicz:

While Nevadans without such permits have to pay $25 to have an FBI criminal background check run each time they purchase a firearm, serious gun owners and shooters were told that as a fringe benefit of acquiring the concealed carry permit we'd be allowed to buy firearms without undergoing (and paying for) a new $25 "Brady" check each time.

Guess what?

In an Oct. 13 letter, Maj. Robert Wideman of the division of the Nevada Department of Public Safety (state police) advises Nevada gun dealers that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has determined that will no longer be the case beginning Oct. 23.

BATFU'd again.

That collar our "gun rights leaders" say is an incremental victory isn't starting to choke yet, is it?

By the way, you've all bought Vin's book, right?

[Thanks to Skip]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always carried a gun when I thought I should and nobody has ever known. I will not pay for permission to exercise my right. To do so is to surrender that right and rent it back as a privilege. They will have to take it from me, and asking won't get it done and leaving me alive if they do get it done is just stupid.

I am most proud of my American citizenship, not because of my fortunate geographical accident of birth, but because of the price paid by great men sung and unsung to secure it for me and the great youngsters we have now that risk all to maintain it. I will not betray their sacrifices by holding my citizensip so cheaply that I will let it be taken from me.

The American government is not legitimately empowered to reduce a free man's citizenship to that of subject. To attempt it is to betray the country just as surely as did the Rosenbergs or Pollards or any other of the traitors. When Clinton warned against being too concerned about the Bill of Rights, he earned prison right there. It is a shame that we had not enough courage to send him.